Be the Change Challenge

by admin

Link: https://margsanimals.com

This is for help for the

We are all writing blog posts today to see if we can help one 'no kill' shelter to start the challenge going. I have a widget over in my right column where you can make a donation if you would like to do that.The title on the widget is First Giving.  Just a dollar will help. This particular challenge is for

Our mission is to place every pet that enters our shelter into a loving, permanent home; and to motivate our local community to support our shelter, its no-kill mission, and spay-neuter efforts through donation, volunteer, and adoption opportunities...until every pet goes home.

As far as I am concerned, I have taken in eighteen feral cats that were starving. I would very much like to work on a change in the area where I live to have a no kill shelter. There isn't one any where close to where I live. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to start one my self. I have the land and some buildings but can't do anything with it because of the lack of funds.

There is a wonderful spay and neuter clinic not too far from us and they are wonderful. They come pick up the animals early in the morning and return them that evening. I would like to start a fundraiser for them.  I just have to figure out how to do it. They are all volunteers and do a really good job. So I think that is going to be my challenge, to help them.  I believe that the spay and neuter clinics are just as important as the shelters and they all need money.

I won't go into which spay and neuter clinic it is right now because this is for the Pets without Parents Shelter. So please take a look at their website.  Any amount of a donation will do.  If you are interested in putting the widget on your blog, just click the menu and it will give you the code to use.

So please keep in mind the spay and neuter clinics and all the wonderful animal shelters.

17 comments

Old Kitty

Awww what a great thing you are doing!!!

I shall put the widget thingy on my blog too!

You are a wonderful caring person and I’m all for finding homes for each pet (and yes neutering and spaying too!) and no-kill shelters.

:-)

GOOD LUCK!!!

Take care
x

04/16/10 @ 07:18
Your Daily Cute

Marg, you are truly living “Be the Change"! I love all that you do for your animals, and I love reading their stories on your blog. :)

Great post today! Thanks for chipping in!

P.S. I added you to the list of blogs participating!

04/16/10 @ 07:59
Comment from: Fuzzy Tales [Visitor]
Fuzzy Tales

I hope this is a hugely successful fundraiser!

You are a blessing to the animals you’ve taken in, Marg. I understand about the lack of funds issue–boy, do I ever–but every little bit we do in our own way helps.

(((Hugs)))

04/16/10 @ 08:40
Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

We agree with The Daily Cute - you truly are living the “Change”
We hope you get lots of green papers. We are lucky to have a great rescue here that does fantastic work with ferals and TNR.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

04/16/10 @ 08:42
Sammy and Andy

We purr and pray that you will be mightily blessed for what you do, Marg.

04/16/10 @ 10:47
Fin

I think your idea is a great one.

PS I am dropping Entrecard, so I hope you keep visiting me as I love coming over here and reading your blog.

04/16/10 @ 10:50
Comedy Plus

I’ll go take a look. Every pet should have a forever home.

Have a terrific day and weekend Marg. Big hug. :)

04/16/10 @ 10:51
Jacqueline

The unconditonal love with an animal is the biggest blessing and you have helped so many sweet babies find that love in your home…I am very impressed with you Marg, you are a lovely woman with such a kind heart….This is a wonderful cause and I know it will benefit from the CB!…Happy weekend to you all…xo…Calle, Halle, Sukki

04/16/10 @ 12:18
Brian

That is such a wonderful cause, I already made my Dad send them some green papers. Thanks for helping!!!

04/16/10 @ 13:08
Sparkle

Yes, it IS all about LIVING the change, and you are doing that! I know there are ways to accomplish the things you want to do - all it will take is some ingenuity, and finding the right people to help!

04/16/10 @ 15:13
Rebecca

You’ve already helped so much by taking in all those kitties, and giving them a home and food and LOVE!!
Our skating rink has a fundraiser every month and I’m trying to get them to have one for one (or all) of the local shelters and spay clinics.

04/16/10 @ 16:09
Margaret (Nanny Goats)

Way to speak up for your cause! I admire that. And may you someday soon see a no-kill shelter in your area, maybe your own after all.

04/16/10 @ 18:07
Beadedtail

You are certainly living the change and inspiring so many others to do the same! You are truly very special!

04/16/10 @ 18:21
The Island Cats

By taking in all those ferals, Marg, you have made a big change in their lives!! You should be proud of yourself!! Our mom’s dream would be to have lots of land with a big barn or other buildings that she could have a sanctuary for kitties. Our mom helps out with a local rescue group here and they are trying to open a low cost spay/neuter clinic here in our area. It is much needed!! We think it would be great if you could start a fundraiser for your clinic. We know all the kitties in the CB would support you!

04/16/10 @ 19:31
ann

A no kill shelter would be wonderful. I wish that there were more places that would adopt this idea.

04/16/10 @ 19:45
Comment from: [Visitor]
Teri and the cats of Furrydance

I have so enjoyed watching the “Giving Meter” far far surpass the goal!

04/18/10 @ 22:48
Shauna (Fido & Wino)

18 cats- that is amazing!

It is crazy what people throw away!

Wanted to share with you what I am up to:

Last Friday I launched: R.O.A.R. Squad – Rescue Owners Are Rockin’

For the next year I will be collecting photos of rescue owners and their pets from all walks of life from across Canada and the United States and posting them on Fido & Wino.

Bit more explanation:
How to take part:
Launching blog post:
Jim from DoggyBytes:

What I’m asking from rescue owners: Please send me a picture of you and your rescue pet (maybe you & some of your cats!). Let’s band together AMAZING rescue owners out there into one, unstoppable, SUPER HERO of a team.

It is really awesome seeing how incredibly excited everyone is!

04/19/10 @ 23:50